The Biomolecular Interaction Technologies Center issues this annual request for research grants to researchers at academic institutions. The mandate of BITC is to develop new instruments or methods, or to refine / adapt existing equipment, techniques, or approaches so as to better characterize interactions between biomolecules such as therapeutic proteins, including experimental, computational, or theoretical methods.
Proposals must be received electronically by June 15, 2017.
Prior to submitting a proposal, contact the BITC Director, Chris Roberts, Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org for a pre-proposal review. Proposals submitted without a pre-proposal review may be returned without panel review if they are not aligned with BITC goals.
- Document length should be no longer than 5 pages, including figures and tables, but not including references or appendix for budget (see below).
- 1 inch margins
- Single space, minimum 11 point Arial or Times New Roman font
- Name of PI and Institution
- Project Summary: A concise statement of the proposed work, motivation and expected outcome(s)
- Project Description: A discussion stating the background and proposed approach, novelty of the approach, and a timeline of the methods development and deliverables
- List of key personnel, if applicable
- References (not included in page limit)
- Appendix for annual budget: Template provided (not included in page limit) Budget Template FY 2017. Maximum annual budget (direct cost) is $45,000. Budget must incorporate the following:
(1) Salaries and benefits, student stipend and/or tuition, supplies travel (travel expenses are limited to $2,000 per project year unless essential for completion of the work)
(2) No F&A is allowed
(3) Initial project duration is 1 year, renewable for up to one additional year upon successful completion of year-one deliverables and subject to approval of the BITC board.
- 1-page budget justification (not included in page limit)
Submit via electronic mail to: Kristi Halberg (email@example.com)